Join the dynamic Konsise Product team as a Tax Software Implementation Consultant. Be a crucial part of our team by way of utilising your strong accounting and tax knowledge to implement our amazing software solution within our clients’ sites. Ensure the success of our customers by working closely with our Konsise sales and development team.
|Reason for vacancy:||Company Growth|
|Reporting to:||Product Manager|
|Management level of role:||Task and project management, No employee management.|
|Working environment & travel:||Although currently working from home. This is a fast- paced working environment. The role is based in Johannesburg, but the individual will spend at least 60% of their time working with clients either online or on-site. Customers are based across South Africa.|
|Working hours:||8:30am to 17:00pm when in the office and will ideally understand that there may be times that they need to work overtime on projects. When based at client sites, the individual will need to work the working hours stipulated by the client.|
Purpose of this role:
The role has a two-fold purpose. As our Konsise and data expert, the person is responsible for successful implementation and ongoing support of the full Konsise suite of products at customers. Customer success is their priority.
Secondly, with deep product knowledge and customer insight, the person is required to work closely with the Product and Development team to develop and test new product features, including integration to various systems. This is essential to helping us build a great product that customers love to use.
Customer implementations and support:
- Ensure excellent quality of stakeholder engagement, and client relationships.
- Provide world-class Konsise full-suite configuration, testing, support, and consulting services to our clients
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail during customer setup
- Constantly keep updated on new releases, features and functionality to train clients as well as internal stakeholders.
- Prepare adequately for client engagements and own all relevant documentation.
- Ensure all internal and external stakeholders are consistently communicated with, and expectations are met and managed.
- Identify and communicate innovations or knowledge that is created/implemented.
- Ensure excellent productivity in available hours and deliver work within agreed time frames.
- Ensuring that all administrative tasks are completed timeously, namely timesheets, project sign offs, and client communications where applicable.
- Consistently show the ability to identify risks and issues threatening the success, of your deliverables and understand the impact that it has on your work or project, ensure you think about possible mitigations before raising.
- Provide initial product training to customers and assist with product or support queries
ERP Skills and understanding:
- Able to do in-depth research into assigned ERP system to understand transactional data that roll up to calculations and analytical results
- Detailed and applied review of outputted analytic results
- Able to explain ERP-related concepts to other team members and colleagues in the business
Technical knowledge, skills & abilities
- Solid working experience in accounting or tax
- IT-orientated and technology-savvy
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Data analytics skills would be beneficial
- Accounting software implementations would be desirable
- Programming experience, even at a high school or personal interest level, would be beneficial
Behavioural, soft competencies & skills
- Strong work ethic
- Able to understand complex concepts
- Organised, with great time-management and prioritization
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to thrive under pressure and strict deadlines
- Team player
- Presenting solutions and products in written or oral reports
- Attention to detail and a passion for accuracy
- Desire to exceed customer expectations
- Attitude for learning & innovation.
- Display professional business etiquette
- Ability to clearly communicate and manage client expectations
- Excellent ability to develop strong client and stakeholder relationships.
- Self-starter who is pro-active and can both identify project risks and address these successfully
Education & qualifications
Bachelor of Commerce Degree – Accounting or Financial Management
Bachelor of Science Degree with some Accounting
Honours in Taxation
Details of experience
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in accounting or tax or a tax Graduate.
- Exposure to data analytics.
- Experience as a consultant working closely with large corporate customers
- Audit, Accounting, or tax software (SAP, Syspro, OneSource, CaseWare, CloudTax)
- MS Office
What would make the applicant successful in the role?
The perfect candidate will have accounting and tax experience but has an undeniable passion for technology, data science and data analytics. He/she will have a higher-than normal desire to learn new skills required for the role. He/she will be good culture fit to join the product development team; where the culture of this team is one of customer success focus, continuous learning and growth, ownership, and accountability, delivering on goals and working together as a team. In addition, they should be comfortable working independently and building strong relationships with a diverse client base.
We are committed to employing the best person for the role.
For more information, or any questions contact Tamsin Jatho, [email protected]. Konsise is part of the SurTech group of Companies.